Written by Elizabeth Georgian
It may come as a surprise, as guidebooks frequently share little about Vilnius, Lithuania, but there is a great food scene here. Don’t expect only potato, beetroot, or meat dishes – there is so much more to uncover in Vilnius!
1. La Boheme is one of my favorite restaurants in Vilnius. They serve delicious food that is
hearty enough for the cold winters, yet light enough for a warm summer’s day. Sv. Ignoto g 4/3
2. Travel through food to Morocco at Mahgrib. The fig starter is so delicious you may be
tempted to order extras! Uzupio g 22
3. Mint Vinetu is a café and hangout for locals, expats, and visitors alike. The books covered the walls first drew me in and the bowl-sized cappuccinos have made me return time and time again. Sv. Ignoto g. 16
4. Bamb Alyne is one of my favorite bars in Vilnius! They sell only locally brewed beers. Try
the fried black bread for a true taste of Lithuania. Stikliu g. 7
5. Beginning on May 1 and continuing every Friday until mid-fall, Open Kitchen is a festival of
pop-up restaurants from around Vilnius. Visiting is a perfect way to spend a sunny afternoon and the venue boasts a great view of a hot air balloon take-off point. On the corner of Maironio g and Aukstaiciu g.
6. Pinavija Bakery sells an incredible local pastry, kibinai, which have been incorporated into
Lithuanian cuisine but are of Tartar origin. Vilnius g. 21
READ MORE FROM ELIZABETH ON HER BLOG