15 hungry Bookalokal guests gathered at Menu MBK last night in DC for an impeccable 3 course tasting menu. The Belgian-inspired food was delicious and the group even got a chance to chat with head chef Keith about the inspirations for the menu. Thanks Andy Chang for capturing these great photos from the event. To see if there are any upcoming events at Menu MBK, click here!
A group gathered at B Too, a modern Belgian eatery in DC, for a 3 course dinner last night. Guests got to know each other over a dinner of classic Belgian dishes that both looked and tasted divine. Stay tuned for the next Bookalokal dinner at B Too soon! Thanks Andy Chang for these amazing photos.
Laura from Tucson offers her local take on the amazing food her city has to offer. Enjoy her suggestions below and be sure to book her next time you’re in Arizona. Tom and Laura are an outgoing and friendly couple; they love music, traveling, and Scrabble. Laura is a bartender, both professionally and at home, and Tom specializes in soup and stir fry.
- Cafe Poca Cosa – a must for anyone who has never had true Mexico City-style Mexican food. I recommend getting the Plato Poca Cosa: the chef randomly selects three items off the daily menu for you. It’s big enough to share if you’re dining with others. Best salsa in town, and the owner will probably hug you.
- 47 Scott – American comfort food and cocktails. Small and cozy, probably $12-$25 for an entree. One of my favorite spots in town.
- Saint House – Cuban food and rum bar. Same owners as 47 (above), try the ceviche trio. It’ll change the way you think about ceviche.
- The Cup at Hotel Congress – historic pueblo-deco hotel with classy penny-floored dining room. I think it’s a little overpriced for what you get, but the ambiance is worth it.
- Cafe Desta – delicious Ethiopian cuisine, and it’s BYOB to boot! Bigger servings and little less heavy than its neighbor, Zemam’s
- Zemam’s – another amazing Ethiopian restaurant, also BYOB!